Friday, November 12, 2010

Tujillo, Huaco del Luna, and Chan Chan

I took the bus company Cruz del Sur to Trujillo and was maybe the best I’ve had in Peru. I got food! Wasn’t the best, but still, did the trick. Sitting behind was a kid kicking my seat that I had to glare at and scold 3 times. It wasn’t very scenic; mostly grey desert. The movies were horrible, but I got to play BINGO. Once I got to the hostel, I booked a private room to get a solid night’s sleep and just pass right out.

In the morning, I went on a tour to Huaca del Sol (just looking, not open to the public) and La Luna. It was a found temple used by the Moche culture and still has original paint designs on the walls and artesanal ceramics. The Moche culture came before Chimu and then Inca. SO the Moche people are older than the Inca civilization – pretty neat. They are still working on excavation the temple. This is a prized archeological site for Peruvians.





















I met this English guy names Mars and a couple from Denmark. Oh, and a older woman from Australia. After the visit, I ate my first Ceviche seafood lunch (without really knowing what it was) with people from the tour. We left for the second part of the tour, which entailed Huaca Arco Iris (Dragon/ Rainbow temple), Museo de sitio Chan Chan , and civilization site of Chan Chan and ended in Huanchaco. The site of Chan Chan was the best part of the afternoon.













Side note: I saw my first Peruvian hairless dog. They are just frightening. See Below.

No comments:

Post a Comment