Monday, September 20, 2010

Arrived and dancing.

Hola!!!

I am IN Buenos Aires, Argentina!

Wow. What a crazy last 4 days. After a smooth airport arrival and a wonderful (and much appreciated) send off from my parents, I boarded the plane and took a big sigh of relief. 5 minutes after sitting down... I said hola to a local Buenos Aires 29 yr old guy... I am SO glad I got to sit beside him. He spoke English, told jokes and likes the band Radiohead too; could not of been a better flight. Also, he helped me through customs and to find the hostel meeting point. Muchas Gracias Nicolas!

Then I met a few Brazillian girls here for some medical conference event. Kind of like an event at the Exhibition in Toronto for a specific topic. They are at the same hostel as me and one of them knows English super well, again, I lucked out BIG TIME. They are teaching me some Portuguese too! They are really sweet girls and I have recently been able to change my dorm room to their private room. Yay! Note: Earplugs and a sleeping mask are MUST haves... I am really glad I brought some.

As far as the nightlife... this is a typical weekend or party night out. Snack at 5pm. Sleep. Dinner at 9-10pm. Start making way to club at 2amish.. it starts to get good at 3am...dance and fight the beat. Then fight it REALLY hard. Stumble home at 7am. Repeat.

So nights here are a little crazy... The music is like the best electronic.. EVER. This club on Saturday night had this crazy basement second night club with intense lazers and people dancing so hard. Canadians need to take some notes. I taught my amigos here how to fist pump and "fight the beat" on the dance floor. They love it!!!! Some clubs enjoy the fog machine a bit too much, and some still let people smoke inside... both have caused me to lose my voice in the morning and sound completely haggard. My routine is to set my alarm to just get the tail end of the free breakfast and then go back to bed. Then walk the streets and eat delicious food.

I have done some basic site seeing and sat in a park today people and did the same but while sipping coffee. My days are hard eh? One thing I noticed though, was that NO ONE has coffee "to go".. you never see anyone with cups in their hands carrying around coffee. They think we are the crazy ones because ifyou order coffee, it is meant to enjoy and have a break with. Also, at restaurants they serve it after the meal with dessert or AS dessert. Tomorrow I plan on going to some art galleries with my Australian ENGLISH SPEAKING friend and on a walking tour provided by the hostel. I have been eating some amazing food and MEAT. yes... MEAT. Angie the die-hard vegetarian has eaten meat EVERYDAY since I have arrived. Pork Ribs have been my favourite so far. But the salads here are awesome too. Go vegetables go.


this is the Hostel I am staying in. It is located in the micro centre of the city. It is like Montreal and Toronto had a spanish baby... it would look like this. It is very clean and put together well.



Final conclusions... I need to learn Spanish (more on this topic later)

Now, to get ready and dance again. Lastnight I had to break and had a quieter night.

I am safe, I am having fun. This is awesome! Hope everyone back home is the same! MUCH LOVE xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angie,
    Glad to read you're having fun! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to send you off...but I'm glad we got to hang out in Ottawa a bit. I'm betting you see some pretty cool architecture, am I right? Will you be starting Spanish lessons soon!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete